Aquarium Pula is situated in the 122-year-old Austro-Hungarian coastal fort Verudela, in the holiday camp Verudela in Pula.
What is there in the Aquarium?
– well-preserved parts of the fort on 2 floors, a tunnel and a ditch around the fort
– on the area of 1200m2, in about 40 sea-water pools there are representatives of the Adriatic flora and fauna, protected and venomous sea organisms
– a recovery center for sea-turtles
– chemistry and biology practicum
– summer terrace ‘Ribnjak’ in the ditch of the fort and K.u.K. canteen on the 1st floor of the fort offering Mediterranean and Austro- Hungarian dishes on a daily basis
– exhibitions: ’Old fishermen tools’, ‘Photographs of the forts of Pula and items from the K.u.K. Monarchy’
– sea theatre for children and rooms for birthday celebration (‘The Pirate’ and ‘The Princess’)
– a souvenir shop
Educational and amusement programs:
– interactive games suitable for all ages, inside and in front of the Aquarium, theatrical plays, birthday and holiday celebrations as well as celebrating the important events from the eco-calendar, book promotions…
– demonstrations of waste recycling, soap making (on the basis of algae essences/extracts), herbarium making in chemistry and biology practicums (included in the ticket price, every day- Monday to Friday, 11.00 to 12.00a.m.)
– scientific marine workshop for children, for your creative holiday (Monday to Friday, 10.00 to 12.00a.m., attractive exercises and experiments. Early bookings at the entrance required!
– ‘Blue School’ – combined ticket (a guided aquarium tour, lunch/evening meal and tourist program on a ship where you can get an insight into the basics of oceanography and fishing, lasting about 4 hours, with the possibility of free diving- every day from 9.00a.m. to 1.00p.m. and 2.00 to 6.00p.m.). For children under 3 the entrance is free. Early bookings at the entrance required!
– marine biology sea camp for children (every day, Monday to Friday, 8.00a.m. to 4.00p.m.).